Monday, August 30, 2010

Minty fresh! (Monica)

Yesterday while out and about, I stopped at a beauty salon and decided to ask them what the best shampoo for me would be, with my thinning hair and all.  After explaining to the woman what I was looking for and why, she pointed me towards something called "Nixoin".  Now I've never heard of this stuff, but according to her she has people come in with prescriptions for it (?!).  She said it's the best there is, and I will definitely see a difference.  I know, I know, it sounds like a sales pitch...and maybe it was.  But let me tell you, it worked.  (The pitch I mean.)  There's shampoo, conditioner, AND scalp treatment, but I only got the first two.  It smells like peppermint and left my scalp tingly; my hair is also really soft and shiny, so I'm hopeful that it WILL do what she said and help my hair come back.  It would be nice!

Also while we were out yesterday, I decided to try on a really hot pair of heels.  I search and search, find my size, try them on and am SO excited at how good my legs look.  I turn to my husband to ask what he thinks, and he says (loudly) "Are you okay?  Why are you all red?"  Now, just so those who don't know do, when a woman is having hot flashes, SHE TURNS RED SOMETIMES.  Please don't point this out to us, much less everyone around, because I had to respond "I'm having a hot flash.  That's what happens".  Mildly embarrassing.   I know he didn't mean to, he was just honestly concerned, but still.

That's about it from Menopauseland today.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment