Thursday, August 26, 2010

And the beat keeps runnin', runnin'.... (Monica)

Today wasn't so bad.  A hot flash here or there, but last night I actually slept (exhaustion will do that to you!) and today I got to spend the day with my husband, whom I was only mildly bitchy to.  The only things that have been a little aggravating (other than the fact that my stomach is still swollen and hurting) is the chills and the oil.

Yes all, these are two of those lovely menopausal things that I've discovered on my own.

The hot flashes were expected; the night sweats as well.  But the chills came out of left field!  WTF?!  Gah.  I'll be just fine, then suddenly freezing.  So I put on a blanket, turn off the fan (which is almost always running; when it's 98 out with 100% humidity, it has to be) and then I'm sweating like a pig.  So I suppose the bigger problem is that I can't regulate my body temperature.  It swings one way, then the other, and the whole while I'm trying to find a happy medium.  Incredibly frustrating, and the worst part is that there is NO solution.

Another battle I've been having recently is that my skin on my face is so OILY!!!  I was always combination~slightly oily t-zone, dry cheeks~but now it's just oily.  Period.  Everywhere.  I put on makeup, and it's like B.P. hit my face, not the ocean. (Too soon?)  I shine and reflect light like someone greased up at the beach, and it makes me absolutely insane!  I've even tried using some primers that are supposed to help with excess oil (namely Oil Slick by Urban Decay and Photo Finish primer by Smashbox).  They make a slight difference, but I guess my skin has other ideas.  *sigh*  I wish I could find a decent face wash for someone in this situation now; I'm currently using Purity Made Simple by Philosophy, but I think it's a little too moisturizing.  I have also been using Help Me nightly retinol cream by Philosophy, which is supposed to help with acne AND fine lines.  That stuff is awesome.  But as far as a face wash goes...any suggestions?


I realize that most of this is rambling...as most will be.  But hey, it's do this or light my hair on fire and run naked screaming down the street.  And seeing as how I have body issues, I choose this.

Good day. :P

2 comments:

  1. Lol I have learned to wear layers. I will have chills in the mid of august with jeans on. It's a roller coaster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotten to the point where I'll get so cold inside I'll go stand on the back porch until I sweat.

    ReplyDelete