Saturday, August 28, 2010

Is snow in Florida in August REALLY too much to ask?!

When you hear the astounding story on the news about the family that froze inside their own home, just so you know, it's mine.

My nightly routine usually consists of this: get the kids in bed, spend some time watching TV/movies or playing video games with the hubs (yep, I'm a gamer chick).  By about 9:30 or 10 I take a shower (I have to apply my hormone gel to clean shoulders at about the same time every day), put on the hormone gel, then go to bed.  Last night did NOT go according to schedule.  Last night was one of the incredibly rare nights that I DIDN'T have trouble sleeping; in fact, by 9:30 I was exhausted.  After getting the fan page for the blog on Facebook squared away (if you haven't found us yet, please do!) I went in and crashed out.  No shower, no hormones...BIG problem.  I woke up a few times hotter than Hades with absolutely no idea why.  When I finally woke up for good this morning, I was sweating like crazy and just not a happy camper.  Finally realized WHY, so I got cleaned up and put them hormones on, but I have a feeling that it's going to take a little bit to "normalize" since that was a few hours ago and I'm still having hot flashes.  My husband (apparantly he can only take so much) bumped our thermostat up, so in response I put the ceiling fan on gale force wind and have been sitting under it, wishing for snow.  So far, not happening.

Maybe I should move to the Arctic.

No comments:

Post a Comment